More than 60% of companies plan to launch an ABM-based campaign in the next year, and here’s why you should too.
What is Account-Based Marketing?
ABM is a highly focused business strategy in which a marketing team treats an individual prospect like its own market. You can create content, events, and entire campaigns dedicated to the people associated with that account, rather than the industry as a whole. This method is most beneficial to B2B companies and is particularly helpful when trying to reach multiple buyers at the same company. When it comes to this, ABM has several benefits:
It’s completely personalised to your audience
It can be hard for marketing campaigns that cater to a wide audience to make each reader, viewer, or user feel that their individual needs are being met. When targeting a particular account, your campaigns are designed to resonate with a specific audience. You will have more time to focus on the needs and wants of that business or contact and personalise your campaigns to cater to them.
It uses your marketing resources more efficiently
We often find with mass targeting, companies can be stretched quite thin. ABM gives a “quality over quantity” approach. The fewer accounts you are targeting, the more time you can spend on each one, thus your most valuable resources, staff time and money, are optimised.
ROI is much clearer
According to the 2014 ITSMA Account-Based Marketing Survey, ABM delivers the highest ROI of any B2B marketing strategy or tactic. And according to Alterra Group, 65% of B2B marketers agreed that ABM provided significant benefits for attracting new clients. ABM Is targeted, precise, and accurate compared to most inbound and outbound strategies, which also makes it easier to measure ROI.
If the above isn’t enough to convince you, take a look at some of these stats:
- ABM helps reduce the 50% of sales time wasted on unproductive prospecting, which historically has caused sales to ignore 50% of marketing leads (Marketo)
- 84% believe that ABM provides significant benefits for retaining and expanding current client relationships. (SiriusDecisions)
- 80% say that ABM outperforms other marketing initiatives (ITSMA)
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth (SiriusDecisions)
- According to Gartner, ABM programs show a 70% increase in opportunities created.
- 74% of business buyers conduct more than half of their research online before making an offline purchase, yet 89.5% of purchases are still completed by a salesperson (Forrester)
- Wasted marketing efforts due to misalignment between marketing and sales cost $1 trillion a year (Hubspot)
Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is one of the services we provide. We can work with your sales team to identify the key organisations and people you want to reach, as well as create original, research-based content and creative engagement strategies to ensure you start conversations with the right people. With significant ROI levels, you can’t afford to ignore ABM, and when you’re communicating complex technical concepts it’s an absolute must.